The final days of Jesus is about the most important week of the most important person who ever lived.
The King comes for his Kingdom.
The year is AD 33.
Sunday, March 29, AD 33
- Jesus enters Jerusalem riding on a foal of a donkey. This is an intentional Messianic symbolic act. (Matthew 21:1-11, Mark 11:1-10, Luke 19:29-44, John 12:12-19)
- Jesus predicts his death. (John 12:20-36)
- Jesus visits the temple. (Mark 11:12)
Monday, March 30, AD 33
- Jesus curses a fig tree. (Mark 11:12-14, Matthew 21:18-19)
- Jesus cleanses the temple. (Matthew 21:12-13, Mark 11:15-18, Luke 19:45-48)
Tuesday, March 31, AD 33
- Lesson at the fig tree. Jesus teaches his followers to exercise faith. (Matthew 21:20-22, Mark 11:20-26)
- Jesus teaches and engages in controversies in the temple. (Matthew 21:23-25:39, Mark 11:27-12:44, Luke 20:1-21:4)
- Jesus predicts the future. (Matthew 24:1-25:46, Mark 13:1-37)
Wednesday, April 1, AD 33
- Jesus continue teaching in the temple complex. (Luke 21:37-38)
- The Sanhedrin plots to kill Jesus. (Matthew 26:3-5, 14:1-2, 22:1-2)
Live it Out
What is your impression as you walk through the first 4 days?
- We need faith.
- We need love.