Genesis 12:2-3, Galatians 3:8-10, 3:28-29
Nothing was more important than securing the blessing of God in one’s life or nation.
God blesses his people, so that they can be a blessing to others.
- God blesses Abraham, so that he can bless others.
I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.
- God blesses us through Jesus Christ, so that we can bless others.
Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.” So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Live it Out
- Be open to receive the blessing from God.
- Recognize the large and small blessings from God.
- Give God’s blessing to others – joyfully!