Psalm 127 & 128
The foundation for family is centered upon the Lord’s direct involvement.
- Without the Lord’s direct involvement in the building of our family, we will not succeed.
Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain. In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat for he grants sleep to those he loves. Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.
- If we are to have the Lord’s direct involvement in the building of our family, we will need to revere the Lord.
Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him.
- When the Lord is directly involved in our families, we receive his blessings.
You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. Yes, this will be the blessing for the man who fears the Lord. May the Lord bless you from Zion; may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life. May you live to see your children’s children peace be on Israel.
How to Live It Out
- Invite God’s involvement into your everyday family life.
- With humility, admit your desire to revere the Lord and ask him to help you live in his ways.
- Never presume on the gifts God has bestowed on you.
- Ask God for his vision for your family.