What was wrong in this story?
- “Wrong” place for Jesus to be.
- “Wrong” kind of person for Jesus to be speaking to.
- “Wrong” kind of response for Jesus to be making.
- “Wrong” kind of person receive the blessing of the king.
- Be a person who will enter into places and people that God wants you to.
- Be a church who has been placed here for a reason, that we are to enter into our neighborhood.
Jesus left that place and went to the vicinity of Tyre. He entered a house and did not want anyone to know it; yet he could not keep his presence secret.
In fact, as soon as she heard about him, a woman whose little daughter was possessed by an impure spirit came and fell at his feet. The woman was a Greek, born in Syrian Phoenicia. She begged Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter.
“First let the children eat all they want,” he told her, “for it is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
“Lord,” she replied, “even the dogs under the table eat the children’s crumbs.” Then he told her, “For such a reply, you may go; the demon has left your daughter.” She went home and found her child lying on the bed, and the demon gone.
Jesus entered into relationship with those who were the “wrong” kind of people, yet in the course of relationship, kingdom blessing began to happen!